Shareholder Records and Forms

Koniag, Inc. is required by law to maintain Shareholder records. These records enable Koniag to determine who is entitled to vote at any meeting of Shareholders. For this reason, it is extremely important that records are maintained accurately and updated promptly.

Did you know?

Your contact information and bank information can be updated online at My Koniag.

Shareholder Forms

We encourage you to use My Koniag for updating records.

However, the below forms can be downloaded and printed, as well.

Address Change Form
Affidavit for Lost or Stolen Stock Certificate
Birth Certificate Application Form
Certificate of Indian Blood
Descendant Database Application
Direct Deposit eForm
Intervivos Gifting Form
Name Change Form
Stock Will

Question about forms?

To find out more information about these shareholder forms, please see the descriptions below.

With more than 3,800 shareholders and over 1,500 registered descendants, it is difficult for Koniag to maintain up-to-date addresses for everyone. If you move and do not notify Shareholder Services of a new address, many of our mailings and even your dividend may not find you at your new residence.

In order to keep your contact information up-to-date, please complete and submit the Address Change Form or log on to My Koniag to update your contact information.

If you are unable to locate your stock certificate, complete and return the Affidavit for Lost/Stolen Stock Certificate form. The department will reissue you a new stock certificate.

A CIB is a document from the Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) verifying the degree of Native blood of an Alaskan Native and can be obtained by submitting an application at the BIA office in Anchorage at 3601 C St., Suite 1100, Anchorage, Alaska 99503, by phone at: (800) 645-8465. All Alaskan Natives are encouraged to apply. The application must be accompanied by a state-certified copy of a birth certificate. Photocopies are not accepted. Once approved, the BIA office will mail your CIB to you. You may also want to visit the BIA office in Anchorage to obtain a credit card-sized CIB that includes your photo. Complete and mail the Birth Certificate Application form to the address instructed on the form.

Koniag is pleased to offer direct deposit of dividends. Direct deposit helps you receive your dividend faster and may help to safeguard against lost, misplaced or stolen dividend checks.

When you participate in the direct deposit program, your dividend is electronically deposited into your bank account on the designated date of the dividend distribution. To take advantage of the direct deposit service, fill out a Direct Deposit eForm and return it to Koniag. You can also log on to My Koniag to set up your direct deposit and update your bank information.

Please note: If you have changed or closed your bank account you must notify Shareholder Services immediately.

To gift your stock you will need to complete the Gifting your Stock application. Any Shareholder can gift their stock as long as the following criteria are met:

1. The person gifting their stock must be 18 years of age or older;

2. Your stock cannot be under custodianship, guardianship or court order for divorce or child support;

3. The person you are gifting your stock to must be a Native or descendant of a Native and be your lineal descendant.

For purposes of this program lineal descendant means: child, grandchild, great-grandchild, niece, nephew, sister or brother. Brother and sister include half brothers and sisters, but does not include step- brothers and sisters. In the case of an adoption, the adopted descendant can receive a gift of stock if their adoption occurred before they reach the age of 18 and are recognized at law or in equity.

If you wish to enter a name change, it must be done in writing and include a copy of the legal document authorizing the name change (e.g., marriage certificate, divorce decree) and your original stock certificate. If you are unable to locate your certificate, complete and return an Affidavit for Lost or Stolen Certificate. The department will reissue you a new stock certificate and a new Shareholder ID card in your current name after you’ve filled out the Name Change Form.

Message from the ANCSA Regional Assn. about stock willsThe Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA) provides that Native corporation stock is not required to go through probate in the court system. Koniag can work directly with the family members to help determine the proper heirs of the stock in accordance with any valid will the Shareholder may have that is applicable to the stock, or, if a will does not exist, under Alaska Statutes. Family members should contact Koniag immediately when a Shareholder passes on.

There are three documents needed before we can begin processing a Shareholder’s estate:

1. the original death certificate (will be returned to you);

2. a copy of the will, if a will exists, (In many cases Koniag may already have a will on file if the Shareholder has completed a Koniag Will Form). If unable to locate a will then a questionnaire must be completed;

3. the original stock certificate must be returned. If unable to locate the original, then a signed Affidavit for Lost or Stolen Estate Certificate signed before a Notary Public will be required.

Shareholders are encouraged to complete a will that provides for disposition of the Koniag stock as intended by the Shareholder. The Koniag Shareholder Services Department has a Stock Will available to use to separately bequeath your Koniag stock. You can also bequeath your Koniag stock in a general will that includes language addressing who you are leaving the stock to.

To learn more about Koniag Stock Will’s, please click here.

Please note: If you are a Shareholder in a village corporation or another regional corporation, it is important that you contact each corporation for their will forms. Completing a Koniag will form only takes care of your Koniag stock and will not include stock in any other corporation.

Click here to find a list of Shareholder and Descendant names that we are unable to find. If you find your name on this list or have contact information for anyone on this list, please notify Shareholder Services by email at, phone at (800) 658-3818 (toll free), or by completing and submitting the Address Change Form, or log on to My Koniag to update your contact information.